Are you setting up a new website? Worried about your website privacy? It’s you look for the best VPN services for the best protection of your data.
Having a VPN or Virtual Private Network is the best way to stay anonymous to the online world. VPN is a software The software encrypts all the website traffic into a series of codes, helps you to create a virtual location for your mobile or PC and ensures that your identity remains discrete. This ensures an enhanced level of network security, keeping all your data protected from exposure.
From the above brief, you must have understood that VPN is a software that will bring game-changing advantage to you by keeping the privacy of your PC, laptop, mobile, or even your gaming console.
Getting this software is not only about getting super privacy. You might also think about the protection your website will get from hackers if you are using the encrypted tunnels of this software. This is needed more than ever since most of the people are working-from-home or have remote location jobs in 2020.
Advantages of Using The Best VPN Service
VPN services come with a big set of advantages. To begin with, you will notice that your IP address changes into the virtual address raised by the software, the moment you get it on your system. The IP address gets changed to some other city or country when you use the software. How does it happen? Very simple, when you log in to the software or link, you access your website from a different server altogether.
How about keeping your location discrete? Suppose you log in to the website from India and the IP address shows Singapore. That’s how this works!
This is the superior level of coding done by the VPN that makes these changes. When you have it on, you can even connect with public Wi-Fi network and do all your work like receiving and sending sensitive data.
The major advantages you get by using a VPN service are-
- Get access to your business or company’s network even when you are out-of-office or working remotely or travelling.
- Surfing can be done with a super-fast network.
- You can connect with the network at your home even when you are away.
- Get unlimited access to Torrent files.
- You can access online movie streaming from websites like Netflix by modifying your Geographic location.
- Your data remains protected at all times.
- The IP address modification ensures your identity and location remains discrete under all circumstances.
Naturally, when you have these advantages, the demand for VPN will go high and indeed it has. With more people demanding for VPN access, you need to have the best one in 2020 to ensure that you can work smoothly. The better encrypting you get the faster your network will work.
How to Get The Best VPN Service for Your System?
Considering the paid and open-source options together, there are more than hundreds of options when it comes to VPN services. Mostly they have similar features. Choosing the best VPN can be really confusing if you don’t know what to look for. Plus, you will always come across reviews which are biased.
Don’t go by reviews. Understand the features and your requirement to make your choice. Here I have noted down 10 important points that you need to consider before narrowing down your choice to a particular service provider.
- Features related to security
- Speed of downloading
- number of connections that can run simultaneously
- Customer support and the maintenance along with the cost for it
- The capability of unblocking sites
- Availability of Netflix
Evaluate all these points before you select a VPN service for yourself.
7 Best VPN Service to Look Forward to in 2020
In this article, we have listed the 7 best VPN services for 2020 that are ruling the market. They have been selected after careful consideration of all their features, advantages, and of course, customer reviews.
ExpressVPN is a British Virgin Islands registered Virtual Private Network. If I am to select the best, this would probably top my list. This is in fact one of the largest VPN service provider in the market currently. Throughout the globe, ExpressVPN has around 2,500 servers altogether, catering to 94 countries over 150 different locations. The majority of its servers are present in Brazil, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Canada, and the United States of America.
It comes with its custom-protocol of light way, increasing the reliability and speed to a great extent. You are providing with an option to choose from the set of protocols it has. Just like the safety norms of the USA, ExpreVPN uses AES-256 to encrypt the user data and keep them safe.
- Get access to any content you like, even from blocked websites, from any place in the globe
- It uses the process of Split-tunneling of VPN
- Complete masking of the IP Address
- 16 servers are spread across 94 different countries in the world
- Browse anonymously
- Activity or connection logs are not kept
- No data is written on the hard drive, thus securing all data
- Stream sports online anytime, anywhere
- 100% private, zero-knowledge DNS, and encrypted
- While you use public Wi-Fi, you stay protected from wretched attacks
- User-friendly and runs on every platform
- Encryption is suitable for enterprises
- Excellent customer care support team
ExpressVPN subscriptions comes with 3 different packages-
- The 1-month package comes for $12.95 per month
- The 6-months package comes for $9.99 per month
- The 12-months package comes for $8.32 per month
Don’t think you are satisfied with the speed or privacy protection? You can always get your money back in full. They offer guaranteed money-back within 30-days of signing up. Getting a VPN service is very simple. You need to select a plan, enter your e-mail details, make the requisite payment, and there it is, the VPN set up is there on your server.
- Best encrypted data security
- Live chat support for 24×7
- Guarantee of money-back for 30 days
- Special switch for network lock kill
- Highly reliable
- Compatible with all kinds of devices like Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, and even gaming consoles
- Slightly expensive as competitors to others in the market
- Configuration options are limited
- Setting options are limited
- No support on call, you can only mail or chat with the support team
IPVanish is a US-based company that has 32 servers allotted to each of its users working Windows OS, iOS, macOS, Android, Linux, and Fire TV. the stats here are pretty strong as they have more than 40,000 shared-IP address support and more than 1500 servers spread across 75 different countries. Along with all these, they have the support of an excellent customer care team who can handle any query.
The VPN is stuffed with features that are unusual for its competitors. If you have ever used IP Vanish, you know that the server falters, it always connects very fast. This is powerful software, so, if you are using this, you might as well learn about its usability. Since you are taking the hassle of learning about the VPN service, it is good to know that every server here supports Torrent and is capable of unblocking Netflix.
Surely the other features very interesting for this server provider.
- Over 40,000 shared-IP addresses
- Strong AES-256 bit data encryption
- Over 1500 VPN server in 75 countries
- Uses SOCKS5 as a proxy server
- Bandwidth is unlimited
- No website traffic logs are kept
- Unlimited Peer-to-peer computed trafficking
- Uses VPN protocols like L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and IKEv2
- Full access to websites and apps that are censored
- Unlimited switching of servers
- 100% access to contents that are Geo-locked.
- No restrictions on geographical location
- Each server allows you to operate 10 connections simultaneously in different devices
- Servers are owned and managed all by itself
- Fast live customer support through a chat system
- Apps are configurable and powerful
- Downloading speed is high
IPVanish comes with 4 different service plans for your to choose from.
- First, we have the monthly plan for $10 per month.
- Second, we have the Quarterly or 3-monthly plan that charges $8.99 per month. So, if you consider taking this, one every 3 months you will be paying an amount of $26.99. Thus you can save around 25%.
- Third, we have the yearly plan that charges $6.49 per month, i.e., an annual charge of $77.99. This will help you save around 46%.
- Nothing beats the fourth plan or the 2-years VPN service plan. It comes for only $4.12 per month.
Got a plan of your preference? Want to get it right away? Payment is not going to be a problem here. Once you select your plan and enter your e-mail id, you will be directed to the payment gateway. You can pay with Mastercard, Visa, American Express, PayPal, Delta, and Discover cards.
- Strong customer care support
- User-friendly and easy to install on your device
- Compatible with every device and browser
- Experience anonymous web browsing
- One of the best VPN service provider with very fast server
- Guarantee of money-back within 7 days of installation
- Compatible with TOR
- Censored websites and applications can be easily accessed
- Reviews from third-party users don’t meet the expectation
- Live chat support is not available
- There has been a past-allegation of compromising the anonymity of the user for the security of Homeland
- VPN service plans are slightly steep
- The services are more inclined towards US-based users
3. CyberGhost VPN
Cyberghost VPN is one of the best feature-laden VPN providers in the online world currently. It is well-known in the industry for 15 years for providing a secured and fast server that offers online browsing and streaming without any limitation.
How do you use its services to stream games and videos online? The process is very simple really. Once you have the software installed on your system, use the tools for online privacy for unlocking streaming from different websites. Once you start unblocking you will get unlimited access to sports, online deals and censored websites and apps. While you do all these, the software successfully hides your IP address and protects your data like your identity and bank transaction details.
To enjoy unlimited and unblocked streaming, you just need to get a single subscription. Once you have you have it, you have full freedom to choose from different servers and keep about 7 different devices protected at a time.
this is a German and Romania-based service provider that has received about 10 million users across the globes. There are 6,000+ servers of CyberGhost that are spread across 90 different countries in the world. The app comes with a task-based interface that helps in easy unblocking of different websites.
- Get an anonymous internet server in a single click of the software
- presence of more than 6,200 servers in 120 location through 88 countries in the world
- 24×7 live chat customer support
- Privacy is triggered by manual-configuration and smart rules
- Original IP address exposure is prevented with Kill Switch support
- Server data is never stored and there are no logs of your browse history
- High level of performance
- Torrent is supported
- Automatic website redirection
CyberGhost comes with different service plans based on the tenure of the plan. The cheapest plan is the 3-years plan for $2.75 per month. In fact, they get 2-free months’ of access to this plan. You can opt for data compression along with all the service plans to save more money.
- The monthly plan is expensive and comes for $12.99 per month
- The yearly plan comes for $5.99 per month
- Get 2-years’ package for $3.69 per month
- the 3-years’ plan is the cheapest at $2.75 per month
- Excellent app features that are compatible with all Mac products and users
- Guaranteed money-back for 45 days from installation
- Servers are operated independently and don’t have any spy on them
- Provides a completely dedicated IP address for the user
- Extremely speedy servers
- Easily blocks out spiteful websites, trackers, and advertisements
- The software interface is a bit complex for the desktop users
- Customer support site doesn’t meet the expectation
- When the connection range become a long-distance one, the server speed slows down to 10Mb
NordVPN is one of the biggest VPN servers in the world. It has been one of the top service providers since 2012. it has about 5,500 servers spread across 60 countries in the world. The major servers are located in the UK, the USA, the Netherlands, France, Canada, and Australia.
When you install NordVPN on your system, you get access to different services apart from the basic VPN server support. From Peer-to-peer sharing to DNS leak to super encryption, everything is well taken care of. The anonymity of your network is always maintained here. Do you know why? It is because of its strategic location. The major server is located in Panama, an area that has no mandate law to retain any server data. Clearly, no matter what you browse, your identity will remain discrete with NordVPN.
- 2048-bit or military-grade encryption for security
- CyberSec protection with automatic blocking for suspicious or unsafe websites
- Featured with double-VPN support
- IP Address is completely hidden
- Strict policy for no logs
- Onion-VPN support
- Allows payment through Bitcoins, Credit cards and PayPal
- Automatic use of Kill Switch
- Protected from DNS Leak
- Use 6 connection simultaneously in different devices
- Free proxy server for Firefox and Chrome browsers
- No geo-restriction for online streaming
NordVPN coems with 4 differen service packages to choose from.
- First, you have the monthly subscription for $11.95 per month.
- Second, there is the 1-year plan for $6.99 per month, raising a bill of $83.88 in a year and saving 41%.
- Third, we have the 2-year plan for $4.99 per month, resulting in the billing of $119.76 in 2-years. This saves about 58%.
- Finally, we have the best and value 3-years plan for $3.49 per month. In 3 years, you get a total bill of $125.64 and save about 70%.
- with NordVPN you get a straight-forward installation, setup and signing up process
- The interface is user-friendly
- Guaranteed money-back for 30 days from installation
- Best and award-winning customer service support for 24×7
- Highly reliable
- Servers are compatible for all kinds of browsers and devices
- High performance and download speed guaranteed, even for long-distance connections
- Your website server performance depends on when you operate it
- Lacks location diversity. All servers are clustered in and around different countries in Europe
- Services are not guaranteed
- User experience is not very satisfactory
- No customer support over phone calls
- History of massive hacking on 2018
StrongVPN is one of the oldest and the best choices for VPN service in the world. It is one of the leading global brands of VPN providers, serving the top brands across the globe. StrongVPN currently has its hold over 25 cities through 950 servers and 59000 IP addresses. It is the first choice for many big brands because of the awesome infrastructure it has.
Just like the name says, StrongVPN comes with robust security and privacy setup. It comes with a dedicated server and IP address to meet all your requirements and enhance the performance. Apart from these, like other VPN service providers, the appreciable features here are – cost-effectiveness, zero-logging, cookies that can be turned off, and information security.
However, in spite of being in the market since 1994, StrongVPN doesn’t have a strong presence in the global market yet. It is probably because of its “strength over style” approach. With this VPN service, you get such a strong server that you can run up to 12 connections and devices simultaneously.
- Important protocols include IKEv2, IPSec, OpenVPN, SSTP, L2TP
- Uses robust AES-256 Coding or Encryption
- Follows zero-logging policy for all the activities and connections
- Option for the best location availability
- DNS is strong
- Certified for no-logs
- Unlimited speed
- Operates 12 connections simultaneously without faltering
- Beta protocol for WireGuard
- Public Wi-Fi access is secured
StrongVPN provides its users with 2 service plans with different features.
- Monthly service plan which comes at the rate of $10 per month
- Annual service plan which comes at a rate of $5.83 per month, leading to an annual charge of $69.99
If you like their service, it is always economical to go with the annual plan as you get to save about 42% with it.
- The server is compatible with Hulu and Netflix
- The customer support team is highly prompt and professional to handle any kind of complaint or problem or a simple enquiry
- Customer chat support is available for 24×7
- 120000+ satisfied consumer
- Guaranteed money-back within 30 days of signing up
- Robust infrastructure
- Easy to use interface
- Compatible with all kinds of browsers and devices
- Superior network globally.
- Servers are tad slow
- Not a user-friendly interface
- Faces the intervention from the USA jurisdiction
6. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN from the British Virgin Islands is a relatively new player in the market. The majority of the clientele of Surshark are from different European countries. They have more than 800 servers spread across 45+ countries in the world, with a major focus in Europe, to ensure that users always enjoy their service to the optimum level.
You can count on their service for high security and user privacy. They have their dedicated servers in Australia, India. Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Japan, and Italy. One might find their service plans a bit expensive, but the features make up for it.
Do you easily get confused with lots of options? You should try the less complicated and user-friendly interface of Surfshark VPN to get your job done then. Handling is very simple. You don’t need any modification to its settings as you only get options for “All locations” and “Quick Content”. So, nothing much to change, you will automatically get complete server access from any place in the world.
- The IP address can be hidden very effectively
- Lead the industry with AES-256-GCM coding or encryption
- Default secured protocols like IPSec, IKEv2, TCP, and OpenVPN UDP
- Additional security layer with special camouflage technique
- Split tunnel the virtual private network
- Free incorporation of Kill Switch
- MultiHop feature to ease out connection for multiple choices of countries simultaneously
- Protection from the leak with private DNS
- Unlimited connectivity for all devices, together in an instance
- Stringent policy for no-logs
- Access to the internet even in the restricted zones with NoBorders mode of the server
- Whitelisting features for split tunnelling
- CleanWeb features for protection from phishing and malware attempts
- CleanWebs allows you to surf without add tracker interruption
- Unlimited number of devices are covers
- Server connections are fast
Surfshark VPN comes with 3 different service plans to opt from. Of course, the 2-years plan will be the most cost-effective one if you want value-for-money server support
- First, you have the monthly plan that comes for $11.95 per month. Since it is a monthly billing service, you can terminate the plan any time you wish after each billing and change to other options.
- Second, you get the annual plan, that comes for $5.99 per month, leading to an annual bill of $71.88. With this plan, you can save up to 50% in a year.
- The final plan is the 2-years plan that comes for as low as $1.99 per month. The bill for 24 months comes to $47.76, saving you around 83% of your expense!
If you don’t want to spend that much without being sure of the services, you can always the server from Google Play or Apple application store. They have a 7-day free trial session for every customer in the application stores. Get the app on your device and give it a try.
- 24×7 customer support with live chat service
- The interface is high user-friendly
- Protection from leak and DNS
- Server connectivity is unlimited
- Doesn’t pertain to any law for retention of data
- 24-months service plan is affordable
- With every subscription get unlimited access to devices and browsers
- The basic plan is one of the costliest in the market
- Services are very basic
- Android apps are problematic at times and slow down
- Speed is variable
- Geo-servers are not distributed evenly
- Some customers find Static IP as a turn-off
7. Hotspot Shield
AnchorFree inc operated VPN service, Hotspot Shield, came into the global picture for their VPN services during the Arab Spring protests happening in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya to bypass the Government’s censorship. They had been ruling the United States of America since 2005 and slowly spread to the European market after that. They even have their servers in Russia and Ukraine. Currently, they have over 50,000 IP addresses and 3,200 servers spread across 80 countries in the world.
Anyone get Hotspot Shield for their personal use for free. But if you want to use it for personal use, you must think of the premium plan. The commercial VPN service comes with more features as compared to the free one. Just for a few dollars, you will able to get yourself unlimited bandwidth! So, why not go for the commercial option in a go?
This is considered as one of the best VPN services in the world because of the high performance set by the Catapult Hydra Protocol. Even from a distant location, you will be getting high-speed server access. Above everything, this speed is always consistent.
- Offers one of the most premium servers for VPN service
- Unlimited access to contents and private internet browsing network
- User-friendly interface
- High speed for downloading
- 100% data encryption to ensure the security of Wi-Fi
- Security of your personal information or data
- 100% free of advertisements or Ad trackers
- Strong no-log policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Best ever protection from malware, spam, and phishing
- Compatible with Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows along with Firefox and Chrome plugins
- Features Kill Switches
- Torrent downloading or streaming is highly supported
- Encrypted with 256-bit
- support different media players and routers
Hotspot Shield comes with 3 different service plans to choose from.
- First, the monthly plan with a price of $12.99 per month.
- Second, we have the yearly plan charging $7.99 per month and providing an annual bill of $95.99 in total. you will be able to save about 38% in a year when you have the annual plan.
- Third and final, we have the 24 month VPN service package that charges $6.99 per month.
It might seem a bit too expensive. But on the brighter side, if you are getting VPN for personal use, you can always get the free service. The expensive ones are exclusively for commercial use. Paying service rental is a brisk and secured. The procedure is pretty simple. You choose a suitable plan, enter your e-mail id, and then select a payment mode to go ahead with. You can pay by credit or debit cards, and even PayPal.
- The server is compatible with every browser and device
- Guaranteed money-back within 45 days of signing up or subscription
- Excellent experience report for the users
- Guaranteed streaming in HD quality
- Compatible with Netflix
- Torrenting is permitted
- 24×7 customer care support for e-mails and phones
- Linux is not supported by it
- No compatibility with TOR
- Mobile app features are not very great
- Protocol support is limited to Hydra and L2TP/IPSec
- Past accusation for spying on a user’s activity
- P2P connections are not supported
- Customer support comes with a ticket, so you will have to wait for your turn
- Chrome extensions are prone to DNS leak
10 Tips for Using The Best VPN Service
So far, we have discussed the 7 best VPN service to checkout in 2020. These are no doubt great options to keep your identity discrete while you are working online. But how to use VPN service smoothly without and breach?
Here we have 10 tips that will help you use the service of a Virtual Private Network without a hassle.
- Public WI-Fi safety: VPN services are meant to protect your interest and privacy in public. One such time comes when you use public Wi-Fi in a restaurant, shopping arcades, and similar places. YOu expose your identity and data to the public. It is always suggested to use the VPN extensions for browsing while you are on the public network to keep all the information encrypted
- Unblocking Foreign Netflix: Netflix often launches shows that are restricted in different countries. If you have known about a series or movie that has aired in Netflix and you have no access to it, your VPN will help you there.
- 100% access to the internet when you are in a censored country: Different Government of different countries come with their own set of internet censorship. If your website is banned in any country, you can still access those networks and stay discrete by using the VPN connections.
- Torrent Safe: You might engage in legal torrenting but due to the P2P connection, your data often get exposed to hackers. When you have a VPN on, your data is well-protected from malware and hacking.
- Safe Sports Streaming: Is your country not streaming your favourite sport on the TV or over the internet? You can find out which country is telecasting that particular match and get access to it from that country’s server with your VPN connection.
- Safe Work from Home: This point is particularly crucial for VPN users in 2020. Majority of the people are currently working from home under the COVID-19 situation. Under these circumstances, having access to your office servers and also staying online has become important more than ever. Having a VPN works as a catalyst here. In this lockdown, you can work from home safely and smoothly with a fast server by using a VPN.
- Enjoy a Cheap Holiday: Are you a big fan of travelling? How would you like to travel for cheap in 2020? If you have a VPN, you can ditch the high airfares and crack all great deals on hotel and flight booking. Did you know you airfare can many times be depending on your IP address? Well, it’s time to say “Good-Bye” to high airfares and welcome cheap holiday plans.
- Access to High-speed Internet: Are you working remotely? Located in a place with slow internet speed? VPN has got you covered here. If you have VPN active on your system, you will be able to access the servers of other locations with its geo-spoofing character.
- Gaming Aid: VPN is a boon for people who love gaming online. Luckily, all the best VPN servers are compatible even with game consoles. You can play your game online, enjoy high-speed internet and also keep your IP address and other information discrete. This protects your account to a great extent from malware or hacking while you are on the game.
- Unblocking Social Media: Offices, schools, and colleges often block access to social media. why let them ruin the fun of social media while you are at work? Get access from a server from another location by using a VPN.
Is Using VPN Service 100% Legal?
We have been discussing the best VPN connections across the globe, their wonderful features, service plans, and many more interesting facts about keeping our IP address hidden or even to access other servers. Everything about VPN sounds very interesting. But is it truly a legal form of network service to get on your system?
Well, for the majority of the countries VPN is highly accepted and considered legal.
But one must remember this whole using VPN that there are certain countries that have a restriction on VPN usage. Some have even banned VPN from their servers. However, these restriction and bans are mostly applicable to the residents of that country, rather than the visitors. Tourists hardly face any issue for securing their data from Public Wi-Fi connections.
There are countries that might not have banned or restricted the use of VPN, but have their own set of unapproved and approved VPN. If you are in a new country and want to use a VPN connection, it is suggested that you check the legal approval for that VPN in that country. Different countries have different laws. While some countries like UAE or Russia fines you havoc for using an unapproved VPN, in countries like Iran, using an unapproved VPN might land you in prison as well. China approved Chinese VPNs only over there.
You need to check all the legal notifications when you are in a new country before using your VPN.
Which is The Best VPN – Paid or Free?
When we come to confusions like these, in general people tend to go for the free VPN connections. But is it really a good option?
In the majority of the cases, companies offer very basic features and services when you get a VPN for free. Most of the time they have caps on the data. While some VPN like PrivateTunnel and Avira Phantom VPN provides with a data of 2GB and 500 Mb respectively, ZPN offers a generous data of 10GB. So, if you are checking out a free VPN service option, it is important to check the features that come along with the free package.
To decide, which is the best, why don’t you compare the free package features with the basic plan and also the premium paid ones? Check the extra features and money you might spend on those extras. Most of the times, free VPNs are cool for personal usage. But, if you want it for commercial use, I would recommend you to go for a paid package.
Again, each fo the companies offer more than one paid package. See which one ins economical in a long run and choose accordingly. If the company has a money-back policy, or a free trial, go ahead and get a free trial or the long-term plan. In case you are not satisfied, you can always change the VPN. But if you like the VPN connection, think how much money you will be able to save!
Best VPN Service in 2020 – Stay Protected From Cyber-Crime
Cyber-crime is one of the biggest threat to internet users these days. The threat had never been more prominent than in 2020. Owing to the huge number of people working from home due to lock-down and COVID-19, their privacy protection has become ever more important.
Getting the best VPN service along with strong web hosting, can not only keep your data protected but also ensure high network speed and web performance. In fact, in the modern world, where e-commerce is indispensable, a strong VPN software supports seems fair. On one hand, it is great for the website to keep their server running at all times. On the other, it is great for the users, who keep their personal data like credit card information stored in the e-commerce websites.
The solution to all this is having a great VPN. Get it today and stay protected.